Guild Minutes

February 13, 2010

Present: John Geppert, Cheryl Rennick, Sue Ranta, Jan Tooker, Maija Grosc, Jan Jaecks, Gary Higgens, Eva Bartlett, Lori Beck, Mary Howell, Sandy Smith

Agenda Items:

1. Approval of February 9, 2010 minutes. Motion Jan, 2nd Mary, minutes approved.

2. Jan and John agreed to make a list of Studio and Guild resources that are available and where they are in the Studio. The list will be posted on the website and at the Studio.

3. We discussed whether to renew the subscription to American Craft at a price of $40 per year. Gary moved that we not renew the subscription. Lori 2nd. Motion carried.

4. Cheryl (our new Studio/Guild Treasurer) has posted the financial records near the computer at the Studio.

5. Given the expense of the phone and listing, Cheryl agreed to look into whether we can get a phone/internet bundle for a comparable price. This would allow us to have internet at the Studio.

6. Thanks to Will and Cheryl Rennick for framing in the wall in the classroom. It greatly improves the appearance and will protect the looms from dampness. Will plans to install track lighting in the classroom as well. Much thanks to both Will and Cheryl.

7. Jean Whitmore is selling a loom. The description is posted at the studio.

8. Sharon Vandenack volunteered the Guild to help with a Navajo weaving exhibit at Morrill Hall contingent on the University getting the grant and having the exhibit.

9. The Rug/Tapestry Study Group met and the schedule for this Fall's show at the Burkholder will be posted on the website. Postcard invitations will be made available to all Guild members to invite friends and family.

10. Gary Higgens will be giving a 2-Saturday workshop on making Felted Clogs/Slippers on April 17 and 24. The cost will be $10 for instructions. Participants will bring their own yarn and knitting needles. Details to follow.

11. The Guild Library needs organization. We need to elect a new Librarian and map out a strategy for cataloguing what we have. Lori suggested a "library day" where the task is divided in small amounts to a larger group of guild members.

We had quite an amount to share. Pictures will be posted to the website.

Donna Inness gave a talk on smocking. She shared several pieces she had made and discussed the techniques and demonstrated a pleating machine. Thanks Donna!

No comments: