Hand Weavers Guild of Lincoln
Meeting Minutes – October 8, 2016
Guild members present
Mandy Binder Catherine Easton John Geppert Victoria Hilton
Joan Johnson Tonya Leach Cheryl Rennick Jan Tooker
Jean Whitmore Kathy Blum
Review August Minutes
· No corrections
· Checking account balance: $ X.XX
o CD 1 balance: $ X.XX
o CD 2 balance: $ X.XX
o Total Net Worth: $ See In-house minutes
· Next month John will provide the numbers for the Rag Rug Rodeo and Walk in and Weave to report how much money the Studio made from these projects
Guild Groups / Projects / Classes
· Overshot Project – No updates
· Rug Group
o Rug Show at Civic Center in Seward – 2018 April and May
· Space Committee – no updates
· Classes / Workshops / Programs
o Beginning Weaving Fall Class – 10/1/16 – 11/19/16 3 – 5p
§ Cheryl was not feeling well so Catherine stepped in and taught the first class of 3 students. Thanks Catherine!
o Ridged Heddle Class – Sue and Cindy - 10/30/16 and 11/6/16 1:30 – 4:30
§ Cindy has completed sample weavings, these will be at Yarn Charm to help the students decide what yarn to purchase for the class
§ 2 Classes and 1 work day in-between
§ John needs to catalog all parts for each of the ridged heddle looms – We need to figure out a system to keep all parts with each loom. Will look into getting nice cotton bags with iron on logo and list of inventory of what should be in each bag.
§ Jan volunteered to iron these onto these bags as well as logo and contact info onto bags for Victoria’s Spinning Class.
o Tamari Balls – 12/3/16 – 9a to 1p ish
§ Cathy purchased some thread and supplies for the class
§ Email John if interested so he can get a correct count of participants
o Robyn Spady – Cutting Loose with Tied Weaves – 9/15/18 – 9/16/18
§ Cost – TBD
§ All 8 harness looms must be freed up by August 1st 2018, notices will be posted on these looms.
o Arbor Lodge State Historical Park Living History Celebration – 10/29/16
§ Joan will email details to the people who volunteered – Cindy, Linda and Joan
§ Studio items for sale will have sales tax included on the tags
o Prairie Hill – 10/8/16
§ Tricia and Theresa volunteered to work this demonstration
o Homestead Days - 6/23/17 – 6/26/17
· Quilt Center Art Market – 11/18/16 4-8p, 11/19/16 10a-4p
o Jan, Catherine and Mary will be participating in the sale. Jan has submitted a contract and is waiting for inventory sheet.
· St Mary’s College has asked us to host a Basket Weaving Workshop at no cost to us. We all agreed this would be a good opportunity for us but we have some questions:
o What is the maximum number of students?
o Will the workshop be held at The Studio or at The College?
o How much prepping and time commitment is needed?
o What is the schedule and is it flexible?
· Mid Plains Fiber Fair – York NE
o 4/22/17 – 4/23/17
o Classes, Vendors and Demonstrations
· Cheryl suggested we contact all organizations we demonstrate with to get exact dates for desired demonstrations for the year by our January meeting date (1/14/17) if dates are not provided by this date we will not demonstrate for them that year and will contact them for dates the following year.
· Dean Knisely moved into The Legacy, donated all her weaving supplies to The Guild
· Tonya is moving to Atlanta for her job at the end of the month. She wants to continue her membership with The Guild
o 12/10/16 – Bring anything you have been working on, fiber related or not.
1. Raffle for prize – Catherine’s Poinsettia Tamari Ball
2. Bring food for a holiday pot luck
3. Bring ideas for Programs and Workshops, programs do not have to be after the monthly Guild Meetings
4. Election of Officers
· Teaching Assistance for Weaving Classes