Attendance: John Geppert, Mary Howell, Henda Pretorius, Victoria Hilton, Lori Beck, Karen Cantrell, Paula Churchill, Jane Mailand, Cheryl Rennick, Jan Tooker, Susan Gottfried, Catherine Easton, Gayle Mason, Jan Jaecks, and Sue Ranta.
Meeting began approximately 1:00 pm.
Open House – Henda
• Linoleum will be replaced or covered prior to Open House.
• Name tags will be ordered as people give Sue their name and money – currently $8.50 each for a plastic badge with a magnetic backing. Price may change, however.
• Hanging pieces must be cleaned or taken home.
• Sue will design invitation to be mailed to many places in Lincoln and to guilds in Omaha and Hastings.
Yearbook/directory: On the table. Please take yours home. Each one has a name. There are some errors that have been found. Expect a corrections sheet to go inside your yearbook in the near future.
• Rug Group: Jan reported that the Rug Group is planning a show in 2013, possibly in October. Workshops start April 28th at 11 am.
Looms will be ready for sample weaving by anyone who wants to learn the basics of rug weaving.
April 28 – Plain weave
June 9 – Twills and Rosepath
July 14 – Block weave
August 11 – Rep weave, Intro to rug weaving
For detailed information on the Rug Group project and plans, see the April 14 Rug Group Minutes on our website at http://lincweaver.blogspot.com/
May 12 we will have a field trip to Morrill Hall to tour weavings there. Leave studio at 12:15 , so please arrive a bit earlier so we can carpool. Parking is a problem on the UNL campus. Please sign up if you plan to go, there is a limit of 20.
CAMP CREEK – July 21 and 22.
Please sign up if you can help at least one half of one of the days, weaving, spinning demonstrations and sales of items.
Felting workshop originally scheduled for October 6 will be held from 9:00 am until 2:30 on September 29 instead.
October 13 Guild meeting has been moved to October 6.
October 13 is the Southwest High School Crafts Fair
November 10 St Marks Methodist Crafts Fair – not sure we are in this one yet.
Basket workshop at Catherine’s on May 19, 9:30 until dark. Come and finish a basket you’ve started or start a new one. Order a kit for a new one from Catherine.
Sue Ranta, Secretary